Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why I'm here

I've been a blogger for some time but I've finally decided to create a space where I can post up my artwork.

After a number of years where I haven't even looked twice at a sketchpad, I picked up a 3B pencil sometime last year and drew an illustration for someone. I'd always felt self-concious about my art, possibly just one of the reasons I didn't take it up at higher education. I actually lasted two weeks at art college but I couldn't get funding to pay for the course. I was 17 and living away from my parents and I got told that I couldn't carry on with it so I had to get a job instead.

Anyway, enough of my sob-story, this is the purple baboon:



there's a story behind this, I had a dream last summer where I saw multi-coloured baboons trick-riding up and down a hill on tricycles. It was so surreal that I had to draw one! It's indian ink and at the moment is being used on the main page at The Cabinet of Wonders.

You can also see my illustrations here at The Unconventional A to Z on the same site. It's a work in progress and at the moment I've provided all the artwork on it but I'm ever hopeful other people will get involved in it too.

No comments: