Thursday, February 15, 2007

Coulrophobia

Which is of course, a fear of clowns or is it? This interesting article asserts that there is no clinical term for clown phobia and some psychiatrists have never encountered any patients who have such a 'fear'. So is it just a social meme, are people saying they fear clowns just cos 'everybody else is doing it'? I dunno, I do know that I don't have any particular hate towards clowns in general. In fact, I quite like them in that I love circus paraphenalia and one of my all-time dreams is to visit a typical US Carnival and sideshow.

Anyhoo... some famous clowns from film and real life that I have created via the wonderful and fantastic medium of the d i g i t a l tablet... woo:





Capt. Spaulding from House of a 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Great character and I met Sid Haig at a Memorabilia convention in Brum, a couple of years ago.





Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's It... nowt much I can say to this other than I remember reading 'It' when I was still at junior school. The description of the first killing where a boy sticks his arm in the sewer grate to get his paper boat back has stuck with me forever *shudders*...


Although she's strictly not a clown in the sense that she wears garish and OTT make-up, dresses in outlandish clothing with ruffles and polka-dots and parades in front of gawping, curious people (oh, hold on) Kelly Osbourne makes it into my clown list (even though I do like her) for the simple fact that the photo that inspired this pic is one of the most hideous 'celeb' photos I've ever seen.

No comments: